Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Friday, August 28, 2020

August

 

It's August.  Day 51,487 of Corona shut down.  If times were normal, and we could travel, perhaps we'd be walking around on a beach somewhere.  Since it's not, and I hate to travel, we're taking walks around the blocks in the neighborhood.  I cherish these times with my children.  I hate to think that as they get older, we won't have these opportunities to just bond.


Because no hair cutting places are open for customers, we have to take matters into our own hands.  

Heaven help us.


We're having to find other ways to be entertained.  Thankfully, I come from a large family with many, many older cousins to my children.  Those cousins are so good to spend time with their little cousins and share some of their interests.  Driving to the Teton Valley did not disappoint.  I was able to help do some painting, and my boys were able to do some shooting....YIKES! (REAL guns, friends.  REAL).





They also got some hoop dreams in.  I'm just hoping my twins took note of Nike shirt and shorts and not those boots.  Those have NOTHING to do with hoops.


It's nice to have a dog, but not really have a dog.  Double Bogey spent much of the afternoon running around with this fella.  It's hard not to give into the begging for a dog!


Also in August, we met my siblings at the cemetery to celebrate our heavenly August birthdays.  Kimball and dad probably had a party of their own, but we had cupcakes.  We love and miss those men!  How grateful I will always be for the Plan of Happiness that allows us to be with our loved ones FOREVER, even after death.  



Okay, I mentioned beaches, and travel and how they're just off limits.  It's fine.  We don't need them.  We have the creek that runs through Freeman Park.  Probably the same thing as those beaches in Oregon...you know, not like sunny and sandy, but more rocky and stuff?  Pshh.  Who needs a coast?




Too much play can lead to hospital visits.  Nah, not really.  Bogey just had to have some more dental work done.  He's a trooper.  I'm looking forward to the day when all of his cleft stuff is taken care of.  


Honestly though, a day in bed isn't that bad.



It seems that if you just run away, all of your problems go away too.  Like the beginning of the school year.  If you just go to St. George and sit by the pool, school will never start!  Right?







Apparently not.  We got home and school still started.  We all have to wear masks all day every day.

11th
3rd


3rd
7th

8th


No comments: