Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Julio

July seems to be chuck full every year with reunions. No wonder it's one of my top 12 favorite months.  The weather is beautiful.  Fireworks are involved.  My kids are with their best friends.  What more could I ask for?

Air conditioning.  I could ask for that.

Back to the matter at hand.  

My brothers and sisters met up at my mom's house for a big ol' bash--food and games included!  It's pretty much just laughing all the way when the sibs get together.  Mix in the cousins, and it's a non-stop ab workout via laughter.  I love to sit back and take it all in.  Family is a blessing.




How many Slice feet does it take to make a Bean foot?  hahaha!




How could we call it a summer if we didn't melt in St. G?  Good times.  Sunny times.























Can't stay humble if you can't take the good times with the bad.  Slice had to get some dental work done and had to be put under at the hospital.  That's actually miserable too.  It's not heart surgery, but I hate it when my kids go under anesthesia for anything.  Not sure if coming home with a new stuffed animal goes with the good or the bad.




In other news, in July, my nephew played in a baseball tournament in Minico.  That could only mean one thing.  A quick stop to the cemetery where my dear friend Mary is buried.  I sure have needed her.  She was always good to listen to me and calm my crazy.  She didn't sugar coat much, and she was always full of such good advice.  


 

No comments: