Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

March Madness.

 You know the old saying, "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas."  It's not even true.  I went to Vegas I can't stop talking about all that went on there!  

If you must know, it was my first time there...like actually touring there, and seeing things there.  Not just driving through.  So, this time, going and walking the strip (in broad daylight...not too much filth) and seeing the sights was something else!  

Naturally, the reason I even set foot in the place was to watch the Utah State Aggies in their Conference Championship tournament.  We ditched work and school and headed south.  The kids stayed with their grandparents house in St. George, while Ace and I basked in the Vegas sunshine, and the lights (and confetti) of the Thomas and Mack Center.  


So proud of this kid!  He is just amazing on and off the court!

The best part of the whole weekend was who we hung out with!

You know.  Just Sam Merrill.  Right there.  He's headed to the NBA now.



Queta.  Another baller.  Another BFF.


They punched their ticket to the Dance, and I'm over here looking up airline tickets to wherever they're going to play.  So I need to take out a second mortgage for it?  Done.



My personal favorite.  #BeanMode


My nephew didn't want to miss the championship game.  He and his wife (and her sister) just hopped in the car and drove on down.  They have great taste in entertainment. 

Yeah,  We went to the strip.  Shopped.  



Gym Rats.


My nieces and nephews that made the trip.   Plus a friend of theirs. 





Okay.  Here's the story about this picture.  I obviously had to use some of "camo-mission" skills to capture this shot, but I got it.  Haha.  

So, Utah State is playing New Mexico.  They had just played them at the last game of their regular season in New Mexico and lost.  Fine.  So, the teams meet up in the tourney.  Winner goes to the championship game.  It just so happens that our seats are in the THICK of New Mexico fans.  We're surrounded.  They were not that nice.  They saw our shirts (#BeanMode 34) and every time Justin got the ball, they'd make some comment about him.  Needless to say, I was getting a little fired up.  Especially because we were losing.  I don't do well with competition.  There.  I said it.  Anyway, after  half time, the Aggies were on a comeback.  The game was so close!!!  New Mexico guy sitting in front of us was still being pretty unsportsmanlike.  The closer the score, the more riled up I got.  Finally, at the end, Utah State hit a shot that sealed the deal and won it.  I went ballistic.  Screaming.  But not just  screaming and cheering nice.  I was bent over right on this guy's shoulder shouting all of the great things about Utah State, and Justin Bean, and victory, and New Mexico could go home and stuff.  Finally this fella and his crew exited.  I followed them to the stairs just to make sure they didn't miss any of my fine words.  

Ha.  That'll show them.

Well, the next day, we're on the Strip, and looky looky who is walking our way...The Guy and his crew.   Our group and his group were eyeing each other as we crossed paths, and then we heard "Aggies Suck" from one of them.  Apparently, one of them missed my spirited speech at the end of the game the day before.  Someone from our party of Aggie Fans, replied with something about them having a safe trip home, while we were enjoying the championship game.  It was clever.  No punches were thrown, but the winners of that fight are clear.  

For the record, Aggies don't suck.  They win.  Back to back championships, that's what.  

You won't find more devoted fans anywhere in the country. 





We bumped into a fellow "Bean" fan (see shirt).  She was very thrilled to meet the Mother of said Bean.  

My fellow Aggies in the ear yellers.  I love these boys.  


Okay.  So this could have stayed in Wyoming, but fit so well in Vegas.  



No comments: