Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Thursday, December 26, 2019

What Christmas Means to Me

Christmas time is always an exciting time.  The kids seem to be on their best behavior and we've had some really great conversations about what Christmas is really about.

With the death of my dad just days before Christmas, my take on the holiday was much more somber and meaningful.  I have the most amazing parents.  I've had some time to reflect upon their teachings, and events from my childhood, and Christmas's past.  My heart is so full of gratitude for the way I was raised, and for the things I've been taught.  My testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ was planted by my parents, and has grown through their example.

I recognize the life of my Savior in the lives lived by my parents.  I've seen His example of charity as I watched my mom care for my dad in these last few years of his life. My dad was a great example of sacrifice as he gave up so much of his wants and interests to care for and provide for his family.

This Christmas will stick in my memories forever.  It's been a pretty special time.

On another note, Christmas morning came early, and the tree and all decorations were down and put away by 9:30 a.m. (That's a new record).  We spent the day in a clean(ish) house building Legos (ugh.  Don't buy Legos.), playing with new toys, and eating mounds of chocolate and candy (It's fine.  New Year's resolutions are being drafted...).

I hope that this Christmastime feeling lasts all year.






















No comments: