Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Friday, November 30, 2018

Hoop Stars

From September until December and then again from January until March, it's City League basketball for the boys.  I coach the younger kids and for the most part, I love it.  We talk about sandwiches, and the cookies on the top of the fridge in the cookie jar.  We discuss the dangers of the hot lava (that some refer to as "out of bounds"), and the floor that turns into a monster and eats idle feet.  We've just introduced building walls (or setting screens).  Every practice is quite a production.  The games are even more intense.  I can't stay still and sit down to save my life.  I pace and yell the entire time.  I can't even help it.  We're talking Bogey and Double Bogey, here.     They need constant supervision.

I am not sure how much longer this coaching gig is going to last since the above mentioned constant supervision boys are wearing me out.  ;)  Hopefully we make it to March.






In the meantime, when this little girl isn't being the star of the crowd at the basketball games, she's being adorable at home, and she's learned how to sleep in her jumper.  She likes it there.  Really.  I don't just put her there and forget about her.   Haha. 




No comments: