Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

A Year

One year ago, Ironmom died.  It's been an interesting journey.  I've felt her close several times over the last 365 days.  I could picture her laughing when I found out I was pregnant with Slice.  I was in my closet crying furious tears and in my mind I knew the conversation we would have had.  I could hear her say, "Wait.  Why am I the only one laughing about this? Why are you crying about it?"  I would give her my valid reasons as to why I was upset:  I had a job, I was worried about health issues, I hate being pregnant, I already had 5 kids and was barely staying above water with them, etc. etc.  I could then hear her say, "You don't think Heavenly Father is aware of all of that?  He knows what He's doing."  I stopped crying, and started working on my attitude adjustment.  Ironmom is not gone forever.  I know she's so aware of what is going on here.  I am so blessed to have had her as my 'Go-To'.  I miss her so much.   

Our Posse drove to Rupert to soak in some cemetary time, and talk about our favorite memories of her.  We shared some chips (with a hint of lime...Ironmom's favorite) and left a Pepsi there in her honor (no one acturally wanted to drink it because we all know Pepsi is gross ;) ).  We took flowers as well.  The Maverik cup acted as vase, because any time we spent together, at least one of us (usually me) had a Maverik cup in hand. 

We also wore our BFF rings.  We got these for Christmas in 2016.  We put Ironmom's rainbow ring in the casket so she could wear it in heaven.  I wanted to remember what it looked like, so I bought another one to keep here with me.

We enjoyed dinner with Ironmom's siblings and mom.  It was also sweet to watch a video Ironmom recorded before she died, for her 2 children, and to peruse a huge scrapbook her neice put together full of pictures and memories. 

The whole experience seemed to ease the sting of that one year mark.


( [o] credit: Barbie)












No comments: