Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Rebels

As far as I can remember the most rebellious thing (I hope I don't get anyone in trouble for this) we did as a group in high school was watch Dirty Dancing.  We were sophomores (I think), and it was the first time I had even heard of the movie.  We went to a friend's house (I won't disclose exactly whose home...) and the parents were gone, so we did what most rebellious teens were doing in those days.  We watched that movie, and, I think we even drank Dr. Pepper too. 

Fast forward 20 years.

I got together with some of those same girls and we watched the show again, but this time it was on stage here in town.

I mean, how wild are we?



I seriously love these girls (and Steph McF!)  and even though we weren't perfect angels in high school, I am so grateful for their example.  I don't know where I would have ended up without their influence in my life. 

Here's to 25 more years of "SRU"!!

No comments: