Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Thursday, August 31, 2017

My Kimball Memory 2017

Back in the day, I was in a few choirs.  Stake, ward, school, etc.  I never considered myself a singer (still don't), but for some reason, when I was in high school, I found myself singing for seminary devotionals.  However, I never sang alone.

My brother Kimball usually got roped into singing with me.  We sang at many a devotional.  I'm sure the seminary teachers were tired of us singing for our friend's devotionals.  Afterall, we had only a small repertoire to choose from.

One time, for a stake talent show, we sang a song about prayers being answered (it also became a devotional "hit").   It became one of my favorite songs.  

 
Lately, this song has come into my mind so often.  In my mind, I can hear Kimball singing his part, and I'm reminded of the power of prayer.  Sometimes, I can't help but rely on prayer and trust that Heavenly Father knows what He is doing and that His timing is perfect.  

There have been so many times that I have longed to talk to Kimball--to get his advice, to laugh at his sense of humor, and to have my stresses lightened because he has confidence in me.  It's at these times, I wonder why he was taken at such a young age.  I hate that he's not here to raise his sweet daughter, but I know, that God knows exactly why.  His plan is perfect.  I've come to know these things through the power of prayer.   

I am so grateful for my singing buddy.  I'm grateful that for as long as he lived, we were friends.  I'm thankful he had a part in my life, and it wasn't just saving me from solos.  He set such a great example to me.  

Today, he would have been 39.  In my best singing voice, I would have happily sung a cheesy rendition of "Happy Birthday to You".  


No comments: