Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Friday, November 25, 2016

Turkey Time

Let's talk Thanksgiving.

It seems that the older I get, the more I have to be grateful for.  This year, as I reflected on the blessings our family has received, I couldn't help but feel humility and gratitude.  I love my family.  I love my home.  I love my friends.  I love my neighbors.  My kids attend fantastic schools.  I drive a sweet mini van. I have a whole new love and appreciation for medicine and doctors and nurses.   Technology is awesome.  I could go on and on and on.

This year we got together with my family and feasted.  Don't worry.  I was in charge of the veggie tray.


It was so great to be with my parents and siblings.  I always feel motivated to be better after I'm around them.  Plus, as I've mentioned before, they are HILARIOUS.

Ace and I topped the night off (or tipped the morning off--however it goes--) with a little Black Friday shopping.  We were feeling rather adventerous.  We were prepared to fight the crowds and fight for whatever was on sale.  However, we walked into 3 diffrent stores, got our stuff, and walked out.  Hardly any crowds, no fighting necessary.

The whole Thanksgiving break was wonderful.   I love having my kids home, and spending time together!

No comments: