Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Monday, August 1, 2016

Great Summer

It's a known fact by now that I am a huge fan of my familly.  I mean, I grew up with the funniest, best, people surrounding me, and it just so happens that my children get to grow up with their children, which is a major bonus, because that pretty much means parenting just got easier.  My kids are now surrounded with funny, good, people.  They adore their aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Every summer when my oldest sister from Oklahoma (...where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain...), comes, we all get together and bask in our hilariousness.  Generations of humor combine to create of force of happiness.  It's much like what I imagine heaven to be like.

So, this summer visit did not disappoint.  In fact, we were able to celebrate a new generation of hilarity. I'm now a great aunt.  That's a big deal (in case you aren't already on your feet applauding).  I got to hold and snuggle and fill my new baby needs.  (Phew.  Now I don't feel like I need another one of my own.)  Don't think for a moment that it stops there.  No.  No.  Being a great aunt doesn't just happen once over here.  Come November, I'll be great again.  A little baby boy decked out in Nike--just my style--is on his way.  

You'll have to bear with me as I post a bunch of photos of aforementioned awesome family. Because really, I have to document another home imporvement project completed by the Bean family.  They now know how to install vinyl siding, they can lay sod like a boss, and hanging sheetrock is a breeze for them--they don't even need a ladder.  (We always seem to have some huge project going on and our family always comes to our rescue.)



















No comments: