Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Missions--Coming and Going

Last year on Thanksgiving, my oldest brother called me to give me some news.  By the sound of his voice as he was talking I thought he was going to tell me that he and his wife were going to have another baby.

I guessed wrong.

Instead, he told me that he had been called as a Mission President, and that he and his wife and their 4 children (their oldest is on a mission in Peru) were going to serve for a period of 3 years.  I was so excited to hear the news!

Then he found out which mission.  My stomach flopped a couple of times.

Curitiba Brazil.

For those not geographically sound, that's on a whole different continent.  It's not like I can just hop in a car and take a day or two and drive on over to see them.  Suddenly, three years seemed as long as eternity.

The months from November to July seemed to pass all too quickly.  For our "reunion" we met at his house and helped them with some last minute details to get their house ready for their new tenants.

My brother and his wife and their kids spoke in their sacrament meeting at church before they left.  What amazing examples of faith, sacrifice, and  courage.  There's no doubt they have been prepared for this calling.  They will do great things in Brazil.  


Ace and I are saving our money so that we can get there to visit them (I'm not a huge fan of traveling, but if they can give up 3 years of their comfort zone, I can venture out for a few days.) I'm sure it will be an adventure.


I love my siblings so much.



As they left for Brazil, my nephew came home from his two year mission in Oregon!  Oh, it was so exciting to see him walk through those doors at arrival gate at the airport!  Welcome Home JAX!










No comments: