Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Bed Time

As of late, (Who am I kidding?  That should say, “For the last year, at least”…) Bogey has been sleeping in our bed.  I can’t help it.  When he got home from the hospital, I couldn’t stand having him in another room.  I had to hear him breathing, and feel his heart beating every time I woke up in the night.  So to save myself a trip across the hall, I just let him sleep with Ace and I. 

I can’t deny that I don’t love sneaking in a kiss and a little cuddle with my baby boy. But, as of late, that little guy has become a WILD sleeper!  Ace usually has Bogey’s two feet between his vertebrae at some point in the night, and regardless of where I lay him down, Bogey seems to somehow make his way to my side of the bed, and I find myself waking up, clinging to the edge of the bed (as not to fall off onto whichever older child has set up camp on the floor).

So, as parents of the year, Ace and I decided it was time for Bogey to sleep in his room that he shares with his brother.  Double Bogey is used to the whole nighttime routine, so as he was drifting off to sleep, we laid the other peacefully sleeping baby into his rarely used, crib.  Easy peasy.

As we quietly stepped away from the crib…

IMAG0947

chaos ensued. 

IMAG0948

How could I not just scoop that sad thing right into my arms and whisk him away to where he wanted to be? 

On my way out the door, I noticed this:

IMAG0951  
Oh dear. Look who woke up?  I wonder, why?

IMAG0949

He wants to come too.

Double Bogey would forever think we loved Bogey more if I didn't scoop up that sweet little thing, and whisk him away, too.

After all, there’s plenty of room in a king sized bed. (Insert rolling eyes, here.)

We’ll try again later. (Another set of rolling eyes, inserted here.)

2 comments:

Noelle and Corey said...

Go with your heart and sanity. I kept zoey next to me for 7ish months In a bassinet, but I cannot sleep a wink with a child in the bed. My sanity is dependent on my sleep. If I had a sick child that would all change though, I am sure. If and when you do decide to do it, rip it off like a bandaid. The first night or two will be painful, but they'll get the hang of it. Good luck!

Justin and Kristin said...

Good luck!
I love D.B.'s sweet look after he got woken up!