Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Monday, July 15, 2013

Shh! Be Still!!

Yesterday was one of those Sunday’s when I wonder, “Why are we even going to church today?” 

We kicked the day off by waking up late.

By the time we arrived at church, we were too late to actually go into the meeting, so we just took our place out in the foyer on the couch.  I can only remember  a few things that were mentioned at the pulpit  because although we could hear the words coming through the speaker, both Ace and I were chasing children.  It was kind of like we were participating in a rodeo without our ropes or hats. 

Bogey and Double Bogey were tag-teaming with the blow-outs, Gimme and Birdie were driving each other crazy—for entertainment—and Mulligan was sprawled out on the couch in his own world, making all kinds of ninja moves and noises.  Too add to the “fun”, I couldn’t find my phone in all of my 100 bags that I drag around every week.  I was going to download a dice app, because I realized that I forgot the dice we needed for singing time in primary.  So instead, I had to cut paper into “cards” and write numbers on them.  That really helped add to the reverence of the meeting.

By the time we were ready to head to primary, we were all exhausted.   The twins were grumpy and ready for a nap.  I was too.

The good news, however, is that my sanity was saved because these two looked so cute in their suits. (And they kept them clean for the whole 3 hours!!)

2013-07-14 09.19.08

I can’t help but look forward to the Sunday when we get to church on time, and actually listen to what is being said.  In the meantime, we’ll just keep going and get our marathon workout for the week. 

 

 

(Would it be wrong to have a Diet Coke in one of my bags?  For emergency situations, like yesterday? ;)

4 comments:

Noelle and Corey said...

Um...they look like little general authorities sitting there on the red plush chair in their suits. So Cute!!!

Unknown said...

So cute!!!

Melissa Bitton said...

Just hide the Diet Coke in some sort of travel mug...that of course doesn't look like a coffee mug! It's what I do in the mornings at work when people look at me funny for starting the day with Diet Coke. LOVE the suits!

Drew and Michelle said...

They look sooo adorable!!! I'm adding your blog to my blog roll. Here's my link www.thebartonclan.blogspot.com
Michelle