Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Totes Growing

So a few days ago, Gimme comes walking out to the kitchen looking like this and says,

DSC_0274

“What up mom?” and then starts making rapping noises.

I’m pretty sure she didn’t learn that from me, since the last rap music I listened to was MC Hammer, and that was back in the day when the local radio stations played ‘Can’t Touch This’ over and over.

So either Ace has been busting out his rap skillz or she’s learning more at school, than just multiplication facts.

Then yesterday, she picks up Double Bogey, walks over to me, hands him over and says,

“Here.  He’s totes dirty.”

“Totes”?  Seriously?  Who taught her that?  The sad part is, she “totes” said it with just enough attitude to make me do a quick double-take to ensure she was still 8 and not 16.

E-gads.  I’m not ready for her to grow up.

No comments: