Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

All things Bright and “Zootiful”


DSC_0117
DSC_0110
My mom and sister brought my 4 little ones to Salt Lake to visit.  I have been missing them so much this past week, that my heart actually, physically hurt.  I was longing for my baby boy (Double Bogey) and I needed a good chuckle from Birdie, a sweet smile from Gimme and a big ol’ love from Mulligan.  Yesterday, I got it all!

Earlier in the morning a lady came by from the hospital fund raising staff, asking my permission to share Bogey’s story about why he was here for the televised telethon.  I of course consented, but told her my other kids were coming so I didn’t want to take away from my time with them, and she was just pumped because she wanted to get pictures of all of them together.  So, for the first few minutes of all the kids being together, we got pictures for the telethon (tune in on the first weekend of June!!) and then we headed out to lunch and then to the HOGLE ZOO!! 

Of course Aunt Renae couldn’t resist a train ride (much like their Uncle Troy) so we boarded the zoo train, and I thought Mulligan was going to jump out of his skin from excitement.  He was in heaven!!  Of course the girls couldn’t get enough of it either.  Seeing them so happy made my spirits brighter.  It was a beautiful day and the giraffes, elephants, apes, and tigers were all the silver lining. 

If only the time didn’t have to pass so quickly. 

Saying goodbye to my little ones, again made my heart sink, but I know they are in good hands, and I know they are having a great time, and I don’t have to worry about them.

DSC_0090

DSC_0098
DSC_0103
DSC_0099
DSC_0113                          DSC_0114DSC_0120
Here’s hoping for more trips to the Zoo together!

 (I know Bogey was sad he missed out)

6 comments:

Melissa Bitton said...

Love Hogle Zoo. Little Bogey's lookin' strong! Love the twins together! I see a little bit of your brother in Little Bogey!

I bet your heart does ache to be without your children. Praying you'll all be together soon!

The Story of Life said...

I'm glad that you were able to get out and take a break. I'm sure it was much needed--for you and your kids. You have to remember to take care of yourself also!! Hope things continue to get better!

Candice Harris said...

This makes me soooo happy...and kinda makes me wanna curl up in a ball and cry too!! I'm SO glad you have an amazing family to help you...and you know, you're friends are pretty amazing too!! :) Lol! Love you, stay strong!! <3

Lindsey said...

I am so glad that you got to see and spend time together as a family. You have such darling kids. And they are so lucky to have you!

Noelle and Corey said...

Yay for the zoo!! So glad you got to see them all. I wish it could've been for longer, and I wish we could be there to help out more. Lately Zach keeps randomly telling me that Kaysha is one of the 3-4 girls he loves. I have not yet been on the initial list, without reminding him!

Unknown said...

I love the zoo! I turn into a small child every time we go! Can I just say YOU ARE AMAZING! such a wonderful example to me with your strong testimony and wonderful love for your family-I know you joke about it a lot but I'm officially giving you the "Mother of the Year Award"! Good luck with everything!