Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Friday, November 15, 2019

BFF's

I don't mean to brag, but I feel like my girls have the best friends.  Plus they have great parents, so bonus for me!

Gimme's group of friends entered our Amazing Race.  They needed someone to drive them around.  Parents stepped right up and went above and beyond to make Rock Band t-shirts (Imagine Dragons) and costumes (Yes.  Bonus points were awarded!). 


They go to stake dances together and are just so cute and fun.  The best part is, they're such good kids.  I don't have to worry about Gimme getting caught up in precarious situations.  I know that with these friends, she's got examples keeping her on the strait and narrow.  ;)


 Birdie has also been super blessed with a "Posse" of her own.  Since she doesn't have her own phone, she uses mine when they text each other.  I have the added bonus of reading all of it later.  BEST. THING. EVER.  Because I work at the school, I get to see this group almost every day.  I love every one of them. 
I love that I don't need to worry about who Birdie spends her time with. 



Which now brings me to Slice.  I'm beginning to notice that this little girl is not too shy.  At church, we sit in the back (6 kids earned us our bench!) In the beginning, when she started to walk, she'd stay pretty close because she wasn't too sure about the guy sitting by the door.  Slice was curious about what was beyond the doors, but didn't dare venture out. 

Well, after a few weeks of inching her way closer and closer to the door, with her eye on the guy, she discovered he was not that scary.  He'd smile at her.  He'd give her a friendly wave.  Next thing I knew, Slice was out the door, and our trusty guard was chuckling about it.

Ha!  We'd get the last laugh!  Once Slice discovered that the hallway wasn't that exciting, she began stopping at the door.  The guy is now reading her books, oooing and ahhhing at her little toys, opening her snacks, picking up her spilled snacks, etc. 




Seriously, it's the cutest thing.  She loves our ward and it's fun to see her interact with so many of the members. 

Good friends are so important.  I'm grateful my kids have the best!

No comments: