Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

#DateNight

Ace thought it would be a good idea to go on a date every week.  Usually we go out to eat and then go to WalMart, because that's how we party over here.  

But then, he had to go and get all fancy.  

He had the idea to "refinish a project" together.  As if that would just take a night.  I wanted the table and chairs redone, so I opted for his help on that.  We sanded everything.  Then primed everything.  Then we painted the table.  At first, I thought I wanted gray on top and blue on the bottom so that's what we did.  Then in the night, I changed my mind.  So we woke up and started over.  We went gray on bottom, blue on top.  I really like how it turned out.  No way I would have finished this little project within a week.  We would have been sitting on the floor for at least a month.  So, I was grateful Ace was willing to go all in on this with me.  






Another time, we braved the breeze and "hit" the batting cages (see what I did there?).  Yep.  I still got it.  I can hit a slow pitch softball.  


Ace still has it too.


On one of our dates, we went bowling.  Nice of Ace to let us tie.  But honestly, we were so intrigued with the drunk bowlers on the one side of us and the senior bowler on the other side of us.  A room packed with entertainment!  We were lucky to knock any pins down!



There's something about getting Ace out of his comfort zone that brings out the best in him.  Holy moly.  We were laughing pretty hard at our roller skating skills.  Star Lite Skating is where it's at people.  I'm pretty sure we were the only ones that were A) over 14 on skates and B) the only parents there without children. 

Give me a beat and some roller skates and my pride hits the road.  Cool kids stand aside.  Haha!




Another night we bought a card game and  drove into the hills and parked and played (it was too windy to play at a park).  We thought for sure we were going to get busted for trespassing.  I mean, we were in a mini van on the side of the road at dusk.  Pretty suspicious.  Thankfully we escaped any threat of police officers.  We did tense up at every pair of headlights, though. 


No comments: