Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Turkey Talk

Thanksgiving this year was spent in Idaho Falls.  My niece got married the day before.  I'm still coming to grips with the fact that my oldest niece is old enough to be married.  Weird that she got older, but not me.  So strange how that works.  ;)

Thanksgiving wouldn't be Thanksgiving without the annual Run for Your Hart 5k.  My sister-in-law organized this event 10 years ago, and no matter where we are on Thanksgiving day, we run a 5k.  We get a t-shirt to prove it.  This has become one of my favorite things to do.  It's probably the only time I run outside past October and don't complain about how cold it is.  When I'm running with my siblings and family, I don't seem to notice how cold it usually is.

This year did not disappoint.  Despite planning the wedding and reception of their daughter, my brother and sister-in-law, know how to throw a fantastic 5k party.  This year, with the t-shirts, there were additional prizes!  I just love a prize. 

After the run, we all ate a well deserved meal.  And pie.  And stuff.  You know, it's Thanksgiving, eating is what we do. 

I love how this holiday kicks off the season with gratitude and humility.  I have been reminded of all of the many blessings I have in my life.  I really am so thankful.



My "extra mile"

The Kid Mile

The Course Record Holders for the Boys and Girls


Post Race Refreshment ;)


No comments: