Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Musicals

I am not claiming to be a Juilliard School of Music candidate, but I've been in my fair share of ward and stake choirs, and I was an original member of the first ever Bush Bronco Singers choir.  So, basically, Julliard's got nothing on me.

As the genetics have panned out, it seems that even though none of my 6 children got my eye color, they did get my musical abilities.  So, that's something.  (If you've heard me sing, you know how much I'm kidding right now.)

Mulligan and Birdie are second generation Bush Bronco Singers.  Mulligan claims he's only in it for the "cash" he gets from his teacher, but Birdie is in it because she loves to sing (she'll never admit it).  It's exhausting to get them to practices one morning a week at 7:45, but their little programs are cute.  Mulligan adds his own flare to songs and Ace and I can't help but laugh our heads off.  It is nice to let Birdie build her talent,  and although she doesn't goof off, she's just as enjoyable watch.




Gimme, Mulligan, and Birdie are taking piano lessons from my mom.  If they would practice more, they'd be checking into Juilliard.   But they know how far away from their mom that place is, so they just practice a little bit.  haha.  As soon as they can open up the Hymn book and play at church, they can call themselves "pro" and stop taking lessons.  Honestly, they love just going to grandma and grandpa's house and getting spoiled.  They'll never stop lessons.








No comments: