Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Thursday, July 5, 2018

4th of July

I love the 4th of July.  It's my favorite holiday.  I even decorated for it this year.  #overachiever  We bought fireworks to light off in the neighborhood, a couple of days before the 4th, as warm up.  They were bigger than expected, but we lit them, and loved it.

With the "biggest fireworks show this side of the Mississippi", Independance Day is a big deal here.  I guess that's why I love it so much.  I kicked off the day with the Firecracker 5k.  I mostly ran to catch up with my sister.  As soon as I caught her, we crossed the finish line. 

After that, we took our kids to the parade.  It's been years since we've been to the local parade.  I loved it.  I was just as excited as my kids to watch the floats go by.  Plus, I got a huge wave of patriotism go through me when the scouts walked past with a huge American flag.  It was awesome.

We grilled burgers and hot dogs at my parents house, and basked in the beautiful sunshine and warm weather.  It was so perfect. 

Luckily, we found an awesome spot to watch the fireworks without getting into the big crowds at Snake River Landing.  It didn't take us nearly as long to get home this year as it did last year when we were in the thick of things.  My only regret this year is that we left Slice's binky home.  Yikes. 

We had such a fun day.  It's no wonder I love the 4th so much!!  I can't wait for next year!!










No comments: