Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Friday, April 6, 2018

Up Close and Personal

I think that by now, everyone is aware that my favorite tradition with my friends is going to the Utah Jazz game each year.  Somehow, I've become quite the dedicated fan.  

This year was exceptionally fun because as we were walking to the game, I saw in the distance a guy that reminded me so much of my nephew.  I yelled his name a couple of times, and he finally turned around.  I ran to catch up with him (I'm super cool like that).  I'm sure his friends were impressed when I said my major goal for the night was to appear on the jumbotron.  


Unfortuanately, the jumbotron goal was a pipe dream this year.  But don't worry, I got something better.  My friend invited her cousin to the game.  #bestdecisionever  He happend to have a connection to baseline access at halftime.  I was so close to these guys.  Oh man.  I was almost it tears...that's how awesome it was.

Do we even need to talk about how much we all need to love Joe Ingles?  I mean we're pretty much besties since I was this close to him, and we both have twins.  #lifelongbond



Also, 4 words: Rookie of the Year.

Rudy.  Oh Rudy.


David Stockton even got to play for the first time on his dad's old stomping grounds.  I love David, because I love John.  The crowd was crazy loud when he subbed in...even louder when he drained a three.


Such a fun night.  We can only do it once a year because we're so old it takes us a year to recover from the late night/early morning, and the drive down and back in one day.  Plus, when we laugh as hard as we do, that also adds to the recovery time.  I love my #SRU peeps.

Next up, our cultural experience at the Civic Autotorium (Sports and sophitication.  We're balanced like that).

No comments: