Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Rupert Reunion

A couple of years ago, we were invited to spend some time with Ironmom in her hometown of Rupert Idaho.  We stayed with her mom and had the best time.  Unfortunately, six months after that party, Ironmom was diagnosed with cancer.  We weren't able to get back to Rupert the next summer, but Rupert came to us.  


Throwback to 2015 trip to Rupert



During the months that Ironmom fought her disease, Ironmom's family came to our corner of the world.  It became our privilidge to get to know her sisters, her mom, and her brother and their families.  I don't know how to put in words what a blessing that has been to me.  They are such great examples of faith, and it has been a highlight to learn more about Ironmom through them.

When we got invited to return this summer to Rupert to play, we were all excited.  While there, we got to enjoy a firework show (impressive for such a small town!), delecious food, perfect company, fishing, golfing, a riding lawnmower, and playing in the river.

One of the best parts of the trip for me (too bad I didn't get a picture!!) was going with Brazil, Beyonce, and Friend to the cemetary where Ironmom is buried.  It may seem strange, but I really love the cemetaries where my family members and friends are buried.  I feel peace there.    It was a sweet few minutes being there together.






















I didn't take nearly enough pictures to capture the fun we had.  I think it's funny that even though we are together almost every day with our friends, being together in a different enviroment brings a whole new dimention to our friendships.

I'll forever be grateful for these bonds and for the friends who have become family.

We can't wait until the next Rupert Reunion!!

No comments: