Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Girls Camp--I'm Back!!

When I was 12 years old, I attended my first LDS Girl's Camp at Darby.  I loved it there.  I couldn't wait to go back.  Every summer for the next 17 summers I went back to Darby either as a young woman or (after age 18) as a leader.  I can't even begin to express how much I love that place.  It has such a special place in my heart.

When we moved from the North Stake, my summer Girls Camp tradition was broken.  

After a 9 year sabbatical, I was invited to return to Darby as a leader over the level 2 girls (age 13).  I was excited that I got to hike Monument and that I got to spend time with Gimme.  Even after all those years, I could still recognize the unique, undeniable Spirit of Darby.  

On the hike, I witnessed a wound (that would require 16 stitches), and don't any one of you worry because I didn't even puke or freak out.  I was calm, and I had the Neosporin and the bandage to bind the wound until we reached the bottom.  I merited myself a trip to town for a 44 oz. Diet Coke as a reward for my heroism.  

In other news, the food was divine, the experiences were written on my heart, and I loved getting to know members of our stake.  The whole week was perfect.












  

No comments: