Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Hoops

Other December happenings included the end of the fall basketball session.  I am so sad it's over.

(This may shock some of you, but, sometimes I'm an airhead.  I thought I had scheduled the school gym through March.  That would ensure that we had plenty of time and space for 3 teams to practice.  As it turns out, I only scheduled it through December.  I have no idea why.  Last year I didn't mess up.  I'm going to blame it on the fact that at the same time I was scheduling the gym, I was also scheduling Bogey's Stanford Clinic appointments.)

I loved coaching the Little's, the Middle's and the Big League.  There was lots of talk about "Being the meat",  "No disgusting sandwiches", "Staying away from the hot lava, the danger zone, and no man's land".  We also had conversations of the floor eating feet if they weren't moving.  We also used technical terms like, rebound, offense and defense.  Unfortunately, I did not go undefeated in the Diet Coke races--but we all have room for improvement!

I'm already looking forward to next year.


The Middle's

Big Leagues



The Little's (Not pictured: MB)

No comments: