Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Monday, September 5, 2016

Neighborly Love

About 8 years ago, after we had moved into our house, Gimme wandered down to the house on corner.  I had no idea who lived there, or why she had gone inside.  I was a nervous wreck when I knocked on the door to the home trying to find Gimme.  

The man who answered the door spoke to me in broken English, directing me to Gimme who was playing with Tiny Dancer in her bedroom.  I brought Gimme home with me, with a nice long lecture about "stranger danger".  She told me that Tiny Dancer was not a stranger, but her best friend.  How could she be her best friend if they hardly knew each other?  

Later that day there was a knock at the door.  Yep.  Tiny Dancer stood on the porch, waiting for me to invite her in to play.  Of course I did.

This went on for a week or two.  These little girls playing hours on end with each other.  Finally, Tiny Dancer's mom walked to my house, knocked on my door and introduced herself.  It didn't take long for us to become best friends.  

Two years later, Ace and I moved to Blanchard, and one summer I came to our house and Tiny Dancer had a new baby brother.  I held that little brother and that's when the nagging began.  I HAD to have a baby of my own.  I knew I did.  Our family was not complete!  

(We can offically thank Iron Mom and Tiny Dancer for Bogey and Double Bogey.)

When we moved back with our Par 5, Ace and I were so grateful Brazil, Iron Mom, Tiny Dancer, and Super M were still our neighbors and friends.  We picked up right where we left off (just a few more kids to add to the mix).  We've loved our "Meatings" on their patio, meeting new neighbors and our other adventures together.  

I'll be forever grateful that Gimme found a best friend that day so long ago, because she led me to one of mine!


Tiny Dancer & Gimme Then....

Gimme and Tiny Dancer Now... 
Iron Mom








No comments: