Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day 2015

I can’t remember a Memorial Day when my parents and/or siblings weren’t at the cemetery in Menan.  Of all the times we’ve been there, I can think of about 10 times when it wasn’t raining, snowing, blowing, freezing, etc. 

Let’s go ahead and chalk up 2015 into the raining, freezing category. Nonetheless, there we were, gathered around my brother’s headstone visiting, laughing, and remembering. 

We placed flower arrangements on his grave, as well as my grandparents (my dad’s parents) graves. 

That cemetery has become such a natural, special place to me.  I’m ready to buy a plot to ensure I’m buried there too.

Not anytime soon…I hope… :/

cemetary 2015

 

cemetary 2

Mulligan shares a name with the uncle he never knew, but actually knows…(make sense?  He has been able to pick him out in pictures, knows lots of stories about him, etc.)

DSC_0224

It was so fun to have the Utah branch of the family up for the holiday.  It’s always so fun to get together with siblings and cousins!

DSC_0227

No comments: