Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Friday, July 26, 2013

Change

IMAG0698
Oooohhhh.  So this is what it’s like to have two on the move at the same time.  Bogey is slowly learning to crawl.  He does this inch worm thing to get to where he wants to be.  Double Bogey has already tested the boundaries as far as where he shouldn’t go (i.e. the toilet, garbage cans, etc.). Like he cares.  :)

I heard silence coming from their bedroom yesterday, and that could only mean one thing.  Trouble.

Bogey had wormed over to the closet, opened the doors and emptied the diaper drawer.  Double Bogey wandered in and joined the destruction.  He tipped the laundry basket and pulled out as many clothes as he could before he made his way over to the trash can and knocked it over.

Heaven help me.

Gone are the days of decorating soda can boxes with scrapbook paper for my pantry, with cute little labels. 
006_thumb[2]

The crayons…oh the poor crayons.
crayonmess
No more beautiful tower of organized colors.
crayons 004
crayons 001
crayons 003
I don’t even want to talk about the bows.

bows1
bows2 
Let’s just say they definitely aren’t grouped in colors.  (They’re more like, scattered everywhere).

I’m not sure where my motivation or my hours in the day have gone.  When we lived in Blanchard, it seemed like I completed all kinds of projects.  (Maybe because my sister-in-law lived next door and she’s Super Mom, so I was playing a little bit of the ol’ “Keeping up with the Jewkes’”. ;)  There was a time I got up every morning to go run and then I’d come home and do a work out video.  These days, getting out of bed earns a gold star.

Up North, I weeded the cart driveway in our back yard, by hand.  Here, I’ve got weeds taking over everything. 
In the old days, Ace and I put the kids to bed and then we stayed up and watched Grey’s Anatomy (hence my medical genius), Modern Family, Gilmore Girls, Dawson’s Creek (whoops!  I wasn’t supposed to tell anyone Ace watched that..ahem, and LOVED it! ;) Parenthood, etc.  Today, I’m ready to crash by 8 p.m. (unfortunately, I’m the only one…).  This past year, it’s pretty much been cereal for breakfast every day.  On occasion, I used to make pancakes, waffles, or French toast in the morning.

I know this change can’t be caused by my age…I’m much too young (age is just a number anyway…;).  So, I guess I’m just going to have to blame it on these babies.  It’s their loss. I suppose they will get used to cold cereal.    They’ll have to learn to live with more weeds than flowers.  They will have to dig through bows to find a comb.  And dog-gone-it, they’ll never be able to appreciate the beauty of the crayon tower, or a modge-podged pantry.  :)

In the meantime, I suppose I’ll have to put the ol' OCD on the back burner, and get my workout by keeping up with TWO little guys, and THREE bigger kids too!  Which I must say, is much better than any Jillian DVD.  I wouldn’t trade anything for what I have today!

No comments: