Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Monday, February 18, 2013

Just Random Things

Strep throat strikes again.  WAAAAAA!!!  This time seems particularly worse because when I went to pick up my prescriptions, I also picked up a Diet Coke.  I couldn't drink it.  It hurt too much.  WAAAAAA!!! The next time this plague hits,  my tonsils are on the chopping block.  WAAAAAA!!  I am pretty sure, I would not do well in the hospital. So far, my stints at the hospitals are less than stellar--and I'm not even the patient!  There is just something there that sends me to panic mode.  So, knocking me out and sniping away?  No.  I don't think so.

In other randomness, Birdie has been saying things that are making me wonder whose child she is after all. For example, she was struggling with her one  shoe.  It wasn't going on perfectly, so she stands up and says, "Well, I guess I'll just have to hobble along."  And she did (for a few steps, anyway).

Friday, on the way home from picking up the older  kids from school, Gimme was explaining to me that before her lunch, her tummy was hurting because she was hungry, but then during her lunch (particularly while eating the green beans) her tummy started to hurt again, so she stopped eating.  I asked her if she was doing o.k. and she said, that her tummy finally did stop hurting.

Out of the blue, Birdie pipes in and says, "That's suspicious.  Did Mr. T**** have anything to do with it?" (Mr. T***** is Gimme's teacher).



On Saturday, there were a couple of NCAA games on TV.  While watching them, the scores of other games were scrolling along the bottom.  I said, "Butler is playing!"

Gimme replied, "Butler Bulldogs?  Are they winning?"

One of my prouder moments as a mother.  She knows the Butler Bulldogs.



Another shining motherhood moment was this morning when Gimme and Mulligan were headed outside to play in the snow.  Mulligan noticed Gimme's Nike hat, and said, "You can't go out like that.  The Nike swoosh isn't showing."


 
Gimme turned her beanie so that the swoosh was in front.  We all felt much better about her going outside.





2 comments:

Noelle and Corey said...

LOL!!! Hilarious kids!! Mine aren't quite that funny most of the time yet!! Something to look forward to. Sorry about your nasty strep. I had my tonsils out at 29 and I was bedridden for 2 weeks straight. It was SOOO miserable. I don't know how you'd do it with kids, but it might not be much harder than mothering with strep. It's been good to have them gonzo though. Hope you feel better soon.

Candice Harris said...

Blech, we've had 2 kids have their tonsils out, and it is 2 straight weeks of misery!! Not fun! I'll be praying that you don't have to go through that mess!! Get better, and as my mom would say, 'Gargle with salt water!!' Is there any proof that really actually works anyway?!