Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Monday, February 23, 2009

Sugar Cookie Caper

Last week my brother and his family brought our family some Valentine cookies. When they brought them over, our kids were already in bed (probably the only time they've ever been in bed before 10 p.m.). Anyway, I just left the cookies out on the table and went to bed. (Alright...fine, I'll fess up. I had one...o.k. two.)

Sometime during the night, Gimme came bounding into our room and exclaimed, "Mom! I ate a pink cookie that I never had before!" With that, she ran out of the room. I was so tired, I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not, so I just turned over. At some point later on (again, I have no idea what time it was because I wasn't sure what was real and what was a dream...) Gimme comes back in our room and climbs into bed with us.

When I got up to get Birdie, I noticed Gimme laying there with her arm off the bed, holding the cookie. She opened her eyes and said, "Now I can eat this and not get crumbs in the bed!"

When the sun finally came up, Gimme and Mulligan were already awake and the plate of cookies was gone. Gimme made sure to let Mulligan in on the treasure she found.

Ace asked Gimme why she eating cookies in the middle of the night and Gimme just said. "Oh, I was so hungry so I found the cookies!" So apparently, Gimme is fine to just wander in the dark kitchen looking for cookies in the middle of the night by herself, but won't go to bed on her own because she is afraid of her stuffed elephant facing her direction. Go figure.

3 comments:

Cher said...

I think she takes after her dad. My kids always call him the cookie monster.

Noelle and Corey said...

I'm sure that "Ace" had more to do with the missing cookies than he'll admit....

Noelle and Corey said...

The other comment was by Corey- yes, I too am amazed he figured out how to post a comment!
Anyways. I, too, just learned that our children are not always sleeping when we think they are. I woke up to feed Zach last night, and he had scooted about 8 inches away from where I had placed him a few hours earlier. That had to have taken a lot of time and effort since he can hardly move!