Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Bam Boozled? Nah, BEAN Boozled!!

In the event anyone is wondering, my siblings are awesome.  So awesome in fact, that even their children are awesome.  I'm so proud of all of my nieces and nephews.  

Let me tell you a little story that has made me almost famous.  

Back in the day when I was young and hip and cool, I hopped on an airplane and flew to Oklahoma City.  There, I was met by my oldest sister and her family. 

I got to spend a week playing with, and hanging out with my 4 nephews and niece.  We played games.  We sat out on the patio swing and read books.  We played basketball.

During one of our heated basketball games (where I did lots of instructing, and skill development...hahaha!!!) I got all tripped up and fell down.  Luckily, my catlike reflexes took over and my hand went down to cushion the rest of the fall.  I don't know how, or why, but for MONTHS I had the imprint of the sports court on my hand.  

Heroic right??

From that injury, 5 ballers were made.  Those 5 kids are now basically the hometown heroes of  South Moore.  See how because I was willing to "teach" hoop  skills and take an injury,  5 kids are pretty much professional basketball players?  I mean, aside from genetics and their over 6ft stature, and the fact that their dad played college basketball, I played a very big role in their success.  

(Please tell me you're all rolling your eyes because you know that I'm 100% kidding.)

Nonetheless, Nephew #4 from that family is now playing basketball just a hop, skip and a jump away, in Logan Utah.  We were able to watch him play against UNLV.  The victory went to the Aggies, probably because the luck of our homemade "BEAN BOOZLED #12 Fan Club" t-shirts.  More importantly, our family was able to hang out with the pro-Neph after the game.  

I'm on Twitter strictly because I love to see the hilarious tweets about this Bean.  If you're not on Twitter following @USUbasketball and @USUhurd you should be.  Great stuff. 

We had a great time and we can't wait to be back in the Spectrum.









5 nieces and nephews in the mix that my kids get to call their cousins!  









No comments: