Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Missionaries

A couple of years ago, my brother was called to be a LDS Mission President in Brazil.  That calling required him to take his young family and leave their home, school, work, friends, comforts, etc. and hop on a plane to sacrifice 3 years of their lives.  

During the last two years, since they've been in Brazil, I've thought of them every time I start planning a pity party for myself.  It doesn't take long to change course in my attitude.

Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people standing, shoes, child and outdoor

Last week, I was able to see their two oldest sons as they spoke in their home ward in Utah.  Their oldest son talked about his experiences on his own mission to Peru, and their second son talked about his preperation and feelings of serving his own mission to N. Dakota.    He left last Wednesday for 2 years.  


I have a whole new love and appreciation for missionary work.  10 of our nephews have served two year missions, and I can't help but appreicate the work they do and the examples they set for me and for my own children.  

A few of the returned missionaries

Some future, current, and returned missionaries.

To learn more about LDS Missionaries, go HERE

No comments: