Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Monday, December 26, 2016

I Cry the Day that I take the Tree Down

Just kidding.  I don't cry.

I actually can't wait to get the Christmas tree down.


It's not because I hate Christmas.  I'm not Scrooge.  I love Christmas!  I just don't see the need in having the tree up after the presents are opened.  It no longer has a purpose.  So, my tree comes down Christmas day.  Sometimes, I leave it up until the afternoon, but mostly it's down by 11 a.m.   I love rediscovering the space the tree has been hogging.


People!  It's been up since before Thanksgiving!!  It's fine to take it down. Plus, the spirit of Christmas is not found in the tree!



This year was somewhat of a bonus because church was cancelled due to weather, so my whole house (besides the lights outside) was 100% Christmas decoration free by noon. So refreshing!  

Now, I've got to prepare decorations for basketball season!!  It's the most wonderful time of the year!!

No comments: