Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

St. Geez!

If we never ventured out of Idaho, I would never complain about this place I call home.  However, our most recent attempt to be “the best parents ever” took us to Southern Utah--a bit of heaven on Earth, if you will.  Now, I have every right to whine about the climate of dear old I.F. (Tiger alumni everywhere just subconsciously started singing their high school song).  We spent a week in shorts and an occasional jacket…
galute 010

…and then came home to a fat snowstorm.  I don’t know why I am always so shocked when it snows in April.  It happens every year.  Just when I think winter is over, and spring is springing….BAM!  A blizzard!

IMAG0404

We would have turned the car around and headed back to the sunshine, at the first sign of decreased temperatures, but I could not tolerate the inside of that filthy van for another minute.  We’re lucky we got home when we did, as I was in hyperventilation mode because I had to look at the smashed crackers, the candy wrappers, the souvenir rocks from our hike, etc. that engulfed the rear portion of the vehicle.  
However, now that car is all cleaned out and vacuumed, I’m ready to load up and head back down.  We are really missing our family members that are living our dream and that are actually homesteaders in vacation-land.

PicMonkey Collage

Plus, how fun it is that we ran into our Idaho cousins too!  We got to go swim with them at the condo's where they were staying.  I'm sure my kids really thought they were in heaven!

We are anxious to get back to play some more!


Until then, we’ll just try to be patient with mother nature, and I’ll try to keep my complaining to a minimum.

No comments: