Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Portland. Why not?

At the last minute, we decided to take a trip to Oregon.   Who doesn’t love spending hours at a time in a car for fun? 

The second we set foot in Troy and Cher’s yard, our kids were in heaven.  They have been begging to visit their cousins since they moved away.  We had the best week.  So much fun.

The girls (and their moms) spent a morning getting pedicures and hair-do’s as part of a “Princess Party” for Kaitlyn’s birthday.  Coming from a “ponytail only” mother, my girls felt like super-stars when they walked out of the salon with their hair curled (and even a sprits of hairspray to boot!!). 



I felt more like a homely milk maid. 

The girl that was doing my hair was feeling a lot of pressure because I had Bogey on my lap and he was NOT happy about all the commotion going on around him.  Anyway, I felt bad for her because she was feeling so rushed, so I got a crooked, half, fishtail braid.  HILARIOUS! 

As it turns out, I’m not much of a salon gal either.  Before we got in the car to go home, I had my hair back up in it’s usual style—a ponytail.  One of these days I’ll venture out to the wild side and actually try a hairstyle I’ve pinned from Pinterest…probably right after I try one of the workout’s I’ve pinned! :)

The rest of our week included shopping at the outlet mall (Oh, the Nike store…I’m hooked!) trips to Wal-Mart and Taco Bell (my kids keep begging for the Pina Colada slushy things…), golfing, and a much appreciated/needed trip to the Portland temple. 

We played games, played at the park, and the kids watched movies and played video games to their hearts content.  Not to mention, they loved having a trampoline to jump on whenever they wanted.  The weather was perfect, and lots of time was spent outdoors! 

We loved being together with our family.

It was a perfect way to end our summer break.

oregon

oregon kids
IMAG0846

PhotoGrid_golf

1 comment:

Noelle and Corey said...

Can you tell I am finally catching up on the blogging world? How did I not see this? I love the cute pictures and the fishtail braid. SAH-WEET!! LOL! I'm sure she would've scarred you permanently with a curling iron, so you are definitely better off! I am so heartbroken that we didn't make it out there. I'm pretty sure we will never miss that $1200+ it would've cost us and will always regret missing the fun. ;((( We are trying so hard to be discipled and not just take off every weekend as we would like and not spend all the money we need to start Corey's practice. :(( Everybody need to come down here next time!