Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Years Resolutions

….are for the birds.

About 3 years ago, one of my New Year’s resolutions was to quit drinking Diet Coke.  I quit cold turkey.  I got so sick…sickest I’ve ever been (that was also the year I got a flu shot…).  Well, because I wanted to prove that I’m not actually addicted to Diet Coke, this year, I decided to just go 10 days without.  10 days.  I made it 2 1/2 days before I got the flu (no flu shot this year…).  A few days later, I started feeling a little better, so I again, went without the “sauce”.  Guess what?  I again, am so sick, strep throat…

Anyone else see a pattern here?  I am convinced that Diet Coke must build my immune system, because the only time I’ve been this sick, is when I haven’t had it.  (I may or may not be making excuses…)  So, the doc. has been telling me to push the fluids.  I am pretty sure he means Diet Coke, although he didn’t specifically mention it in his list: juice, water, Gatorade, etc.  I think the  “etc.” pretty much includes it.

I am trying to convince Ace to start up, you know, to prevent him from getting this plague, but he says he doesn’t like the taste—it makes him want to gag.  We’ll see how he does with the Chloreseptic, if he does get this.  (Does any one else gag when they spray that on their throats?  I have to give myself a major pep talk with every spritz.  I can’t help but gag…).

In the meantime, we are trying to keep the babies and other kids at bay.  Bogey is barely recovering from whatever cough/sickness he has had for a while.  This staying in bed was great for the first couple of hours, but I’m about done with it.  I guess I’ll just keep pushing those “fluids” …

…Ahhhh…

1 comment:

Luke said...

Rachelle, you're the funniest blogger I know!