Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No Alarm=Big Rewards

At the beginning of this school year, we bought Gimme her own alarm clock for her room so that I could sleep in for a few extra minutes she could learn to wake up to her own alarm and get herself dressed and ready for school .We just love being such good parents.  ;)

After she is dressed and ready for breakfast, she usually comes into my room to wake me up  show me her outfit for the day.

Sometimes, she doesn't even need her alarm to go off because Birdie is usually up and at 'em making all kinds of noise--bless her heart--so really, I haven't had to set an alarm for weeks.  In fact, the last time I set my alarm, I was already awake before it went off because honestly, I can't sleep with this enormous "bump" on my front, so I just turned it off, knowing it was just a waste to have it blaring every morning for no reason.  Sleep for me is funny like that.  The one night I took a sleeping aid, Birdie was sick the whole night, so I couldn't sleep even if I wanted to (and believe me, I wanted to!!)  But that's just how it goes around here when it's time for some shut-eye.

Well, Sunday night I remembered the girls had dentist appointments Monday morning (high fives all around because I remembered!!).  Of course I didn't set the alarm because Gimme had hers set and please, Birdie still lives here, so no alarm needed.

Naturally, I was getting the best sleep in weeks, when my hip started aching signaling for my body to change positions (BIG ordeal by the way...) as I turned, I couldn't help but notice the clock in my room...8:00...

Thankfully gravity already had me heading to the side of the bed so that my exit was more or less (mostly less) graceful (at least I landed on my feet).  I rushed to the girls bedroom wondering why in the world they were being so quiet.   They were still sleeping.  Gimme went ahead and just shut her alarm off when it went off.  (We haven't introduced the 'snooze' button to her... yet).

We had ten minutes to get dressed, brush teeth, and get out the door (If you remember, it takes at least 20 minutes to get anywhere up here).

Needless to say, we made it to the dentist on time, so as a reward, on the way home, I stopped and got a big fat Diet Coke from Wendy's.  It actually was a little taste of heaven, and the stress of the morning seemed to fizz away with every swallow.

If only every morning could be that good...


3 comments:

Candice Harris said...

Ummm, didn't this happen the last time you went to the dentist?? Lol, You may wanna start making those appts for later in the day?! :) 1/2 a Unisom is the perfect 'sleep aid'...just enough to make you drowsy enough to sleep, but not too much that you can't still be up with kiddos in the night!!

Cher said...

you make it sound like you are a big fat blob. (which is quite funny)but you aren't. You like like those size 2 women that put a basketball under their shirt and say they are pregnant. I am still waiting for that enormous stage to hit where you have to stay in bed but it isn't looking promising.

Larsen said...

I hear the fizz calling now....