Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Friday, June 3, 2011

Packin' Heat...

I guess I should have mentioned in my last post that I am a loyal Wal-Mart shopper.  I don't mean to be, but whenever I go to the "big town" I always end up at Wal-Mart.

Today, I went to Spokane and of course had to stop in at Wal-Mart.  I had Mulligan and Birdie with me.  As I was scoping the Mexican food aisle, I noticed a small crowd of what I would describe as "gangsters".

Now, I don't know that I have ever been associated with "gangsters" at all except through television and movies, and I tell you what, if there was a show about scary gangsters, this group of 3 that I was sharing an aisle with would for sure fit the starring roles.  I don't mean to judge a book by it's cover, but I don't know how else to describe them....

Anyway, as I was perusing the shelves, Mulligan shouts, "Mom, did you pack your gun?"

I immediately panicked and asked Mulligan where he learned that.  (Which I'm sure the "gangsters" thought was a nice cover up...)

We quickly started to walk away (which probably didn't help in trying to prove my innocence) and I was relieved that  Mulligan picked up on the 'inappropriateness' of his comment (even though he had NO idea what he was talking about...I promise!!), but I was just sick that Birdie didn't pick up on it as quickly.

For the next hour (it seemed that long, but really it was only about 30 seconds) she kept repeating, "Mom, did you pack your gun?  Did you pack your gun mom?"

By this time, we had collected quite a bit of attention, and I was mortified.  The only heat I was packing was heat in my face from my embarrassment.

Needless to say, our trip was cut quite short, and we didn't waste much time heading to the checkout lines.

The good news is, we probably saved a lot of money!!   

4 comments:

Noelle and Corey said...

Hilarious!!!

Candice Harris said...

LOL!

Devin and Brittney Wood Family said...

I LOVE IT!! These kids know just what to say to make us parents feel like complete idiots!!! I swear they go to a "Mortify your parents 101" class before they come here. I have a good one about Dev I'll share on my blog in honor of you!! Let me know when you've read it cuz I'm sure you'll appreciate it!!

Justin and Kristin said...

I would have DIED!!!
Where did Mulligan learn that?