Drop us a Line

jrpar5@yahoo.com


If you want to subscribe to this blog, or get an update when there's a new post, here's the link:

Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Birdie!


Last year at this very moment, Ace and I were racking our brains trying to think of a name for our baby girl. For whatever reason, girls names are so hard for us to think of!

Our little Birdie was born at 2:01 p.m. Nevermind the fact that I was induced at 7:00 a.m. and started contractions around 9:00 a.m. I started freaking out around 12:00 p.m. when my oxygen level completely dropped and the room I was in started spinning around like crazy, and I started getting nauseated (from the spinning room or lack of oxygen, I don't know). Therefore, I was unable to receive the epidural. So, a billion (really, who's counting?) contractions later, I'm dialated to a 6, standing on my head (well, my bed was tipped back so far that it seemed I was on my head), Mr. Epidural Man comes in with his needle. I don't know how anyone is expected to get shot in the back while having contactions, but I know at that time, I didn't think I was going to survive the whole ordeal.

After the epidural finally kicked in, and my oxygen mask was on securely, I started feeling pretty good about things. At about 1:00 p.m. I was at a 10 and ready to have the little papoose! About half way into things, my doctor informed me that the baby was posterior (I was not happy, and I vowed that the little babe would be grounded first thing!!) so the whole process took FOREVER (again, who's counting?). Finally she was born and I was dying for someone to tell me the gender of the baby (we didn't find out at the ultrasound). Apparently no one else thought I needed that information. Between shouts, and "whoo hoos" from the 38 nurses in the room, I begged for someone, ANYONE, to tell me the sex of the baby. Finally my doctor casually informed me, "Oh, yes, it's a girl..." Yea for girls!

It took us all day and all night and most of the next day to determine the name. Once we picked it out, we had to decide how to spell it...Birdy, Birdie, Birdee...etc. Just kidding. We really didn't name her that! Anyway, since her grounding was over she has been an absolute angel! I can't even count the number of times she has brought a smile to my face, or warmth to my heart. I am so grateful she is part of our eternal family.

When I found out I was pregnant with her, I didn't think I wanted 3 children, but I can't imagine my life without any of my kids. I love them all so much and they each bring something special to our family!

1 comment:

Emily Usher said...

I really can't believe that she is a year old already. You asked me when lezlie grew up I have no idea it just happened one day about 2 months ago. OUr kids are getting big way to quick. Let Gimme know Mo misses her. Take care.